PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inconsistent landings. Normal? (Newbie inside)
Old 24th Jun 2013, 00:34
Uplinker

Received 106 Likes on 64 Posts
WST:

I don't want to seem rude, but you appear to ask this same landing question over and over again. There are quite long threads in response to your other posts and I suggest you go back and read those again.

As for your specific question this time; CAVOK days can sometimes produce the worst landings! I personally find that a really challenging, gusty, cross wind day, when I am hand flying - working really hard and often with manual thrust too; produces my very best landings, in difficult circumstances. I think it is because in those conditions my brain is in overdrive. On a non challenging CAVOK day, for some reason, things don't always work out as well - probably because my brain is being lazy, like Homer Simpsons'.

Just keep practising, as we all do. And don't stress too much. Don't get too worked up with numbers and strict methods. Relax and try to do it by feel - using "the force" - like Luke Skywalker. (I am not taking the mickey).

Last edited by Uplinker; 24th Jun 2013 at 00:39.