PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Regulatory Reform Program will drift along forever
Old 23rd Jun 2013, 23:43
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drift and wind correction.

LS –"Whatever is being produced is change, but it is certainly not "reform" --- unless you thing change and reform are interchangeable descriptions.
Notions of "reform" generally carry the expectation of better, or improved or generally the idea that reform will improve things.
004 -"Herr Leadie, i can think of a lot of things to call the current quarter of a century failure, however 'The Regulatory Deformed Program' comes to mind.
CP – "Let’s wait to see how much noise “the good Senator Fawcett” makes in government. His “solution” to aerial ambulance standards is a true-to-form Laborial abrogation of responsibility: CASA and industry should get together and have a group hug.
We seem to spend an inordinate amount of time, almost as much as the "reformation" itself has used, discussing the bleeding obvious. The Regulatory Reform program, by any other name will drift along for ever. Hows about "someone" throwing the old hat in ring and applying for the job. I mean many have tried but a pitiful few have succeeded. I expect D. Fawcett would slap the old golden handcuffs on and only let whoever see daylight once a fortnight. It would take, what ?, 3 minutes on the phone to the Kiwi experts, 5 minutes to cut a cheque and half a day to change the names in the new document (to protect the innocent like).

I will then be able to concentrate solely on the rather important, much ignored Senate report on the Pel Air ditching and the serious implications for air safety and international credibility it raises. Reg reform is myth used to entice Coroners, Judges and simple minded politicians, fully supported by the myriad mandarins, minions, spin kings and anyone else who can only play one tune on a fiddle, or only get one trotter in the old trough......

Selah.

Last edited by Kharon; 23rd Jun 2013 at 23:44.