PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sharky Watch LIVE
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2013, 22:15
Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTH,

Sorry, and this will be my last post on the subject. and no 'facts'. And no, no disrespect seen. As ever, happy to engage.

I absolutely agree with you that maritime air was the Navy's business and they should have kept charge of it. However, as directed by their political masters, the RN handed its assets over to the RAF.

If you are now saying that the Navy should have defended its assets better - yes, I agree. But, and this is sort of the point, they weren't their assets any more. The RAF had been given, and taken responsibility for, the business of maritime air. They ditched it as soon as they decently could.

No, I am not going to 'come forth' and tell you that the RN were 'conned' out of anything. Outmanoeuvred? Outguessed? Guilty of naivety? Yes to all three.

But please, let's stick to the truth here. The Navy didn't ditch the Sea Harrier or the Harrier, or 'maritime air'. Those decisions were the RAF's and the RAF's alone.

But hey, all done, all dusted, all in the past. Time for the new generation to pick up the baton and run with it. And they'll do a great job. Whatever their cloth.

Best Regards to all, everywhere,

Engines