PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S.E.A. Helicopters Sdn Bhd
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2013, 16:03
ericferret

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
S e a Helicopters 1975

I worked for them in KL and Kuching, '73 to '75. I believe I was the only engineer to leave them and get fully paid up - MacDonald had heard the rumours about me !!
While I was there, there was Smiley Richardson, Chris Dillon, Ron Beadle, Alan Watson, and an Australian guy (can't remember). Also, I recall, Frankie Cheah..
Chris Dillon, Smiley, Ron and myself were all ex Brit Army - I aslo did two years in Duri, Sumatra with Chris at Bristows, and shared the Flying Club watering hole at Kota Kinabalu with Smiley in '76 when I was with Sabah Air.
I believe SEA went out of business in the late '70's/earlu '80's, and I heard that police action was taken in the States shortly after that. Years later, Ron and Smiley were targeted by the Malaysian Government for tax arrears - the company had taken the contributions from their pay but failed to pass it on to the Malaysian govt. About 5 years ago, Ron Beadle won a 16-year action against the govt who were ordered by the judge to compensate him (and give him back his British passport), for the tax funds they had confiscated from him.
I left the Far East in '76 or '77 after nine years around Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei/Indonesia and did a bit in Africa/Middle East/Spain, and left the trade in 1986, starting a removals business (that still survives !)
Yes, I too, was shocked when I heard of Chris's death.
By the way, I am Charlie Ayton - the friend ericferret refers to...

Last edited by ericferret; 23rd Jun 2013 at 16:05.