PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sharky Watch LIVE
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2013, 10:05
Easy Street

Received 80 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by FODPlod
his most effective publicity managers are those, mainly of the light blue persuasion, who continue to draw attention to him purely to insult him. I think this is the fifth such thread on here.
People keep banging on this line but I would simply observe that, during Op ELLAMY, a particularly inaccurate set of costings and analysis from his blog was picked up by the press (directly from his blog, no-one had posted it here first; this was about the same time as the 'RAF in hotels in Italy' scoop) and led directly to a flurry of entirely nugatory HQ staff work being directed merely to rebut it to press and parliament alike - needless to say, no 'clarification' was ever published in the media. So I would say that the press were far more effective than anyone on PPrune on that occasion, and the reason why people keep anti-posting here is to demonstrate to any passing journos that there are other professional views besides Sharkey's, and that cut-and-pasting his material into the papers might not necessarily be a good idea.