PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why the double-standard for pilots and engineers?
Old 23rd Jun 2013, 06:40
Widewoodenwingswork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zumba,

Did you submit an incident report after each of the issues you saw? Nothing will be done to resolve the issues if no one speaks up about it. I can't speak for anywhere else in the world bar Australia but the difference in classifieds for AME's vs classifieds for pilots would indicate that there is already a chronic shortage of AME's. Your suggestion to further regulate the maintenance industry would do nothing to help that cause.

If you have issues with the way maintenance is carried out at your company/in the middle east, maybe consider the appropriate channels. Having met many AMT's from across the world, I also believe your impression of the global aircraft maintenance industry is well off the mark.

I'm as aware as the next person to the sacrifices/commitment required to persue a flying career, I'm also acutely aware of the dangers of flying. Believe me, I have a healthy respect for pilots, that respect only grows when they stick their nose out of our business and do their job.