PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Malaysia Widebody Charter Airline
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2013, 16:34
koji188

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
koji188, $15K in the right seat are you serious? Sounds a bit too good to be true ... unless of course you are talking ringgit not dollars, in which case it sounds too BAD to be true which is it?
The company is Malaysian, of course we're talking about ringgit. And I never mentioned it to be in Dollars. As for what cavnotok said, yea its pretty decent for FO to get 15k RINGGIT in Malaysia. And the 15k was an assumption on my side, I assumed that amount by roughly calculating allowances etc. The FO only told me about the basic that he is getting.

My post about this company is based on what my close friend of mine told me about his experience there. Yes, some of you may think it's all bull and what the negative things that has been said about the company is far more believable than what i have mentioned, but all I'm doing is giving info that I have gotten first hand FROM someone in the company who is actually doing some flying.

And also, when he was in Airasia he was earning 10-12k a month, flying an average of 80 hours a month. That was pretty good money for him I would say. But he left because he was worked like a dog and he didn't like it. Now he's earning more and working in a more relaxed environment.

Thats why it would be nice if people like skypilot to bring out more details about his experience there. I'm not saying he's bluffing, but i'd like to point out again the details regarding his claim.

1. Skypilot claims that the company told him to go to the United States for his 744 rating. While my friend and a few of the non rated guys did it in MAS in Malaysia, Subang to be exact.

2. He also claimed that he had to pay for his own rating which he did in the States. Which was also quite weird because all the non rated guys that underwent the training, were initially funded by the company and then a sum is deducted from their salary monthly as repayment for the training.

Most of the pilots that went for training were FO's and 1 737 Captain. So Skypilot, would you be kind enough to give us more details regarding your experience with them? It would be very useful to everyone here.

Cheers.