PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Easyjet Scheme or OAA Fully Paid
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2013, 01:52
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the specifics you would need a reply from somebody wholly familiar with this airlines tied cadet programmes. Broadly speaking, I think you are right in that either MPL programme probably "equals out" in the end.

What I just need an answer too is, if i did OAA, paid the total amount with no loan etc, would i be in a better position than if i went through the CTC Ezy scheme? Obviously i understand the non job guarentee.
Don't confuse loan with bond. They are two different things. With either school you can pay the bond monies from your own resources, or whatever other vehicle may be available to you. This is what I was pointing out in the earlier reply. The "bond" is a product that enables your training costs to be recovered in a more tax efficient manner. You will be paying them in any event whether that be by your own funds or via those you have borrowed. Clearly if you have access to those funds without the need to borrow, you would be in an a better financial position through either programme.

Would i be able to join if through Oxford (if a job existed) the airline at First Officer status and not cadet as I would gain the ATPL at OAA.
You join as a First Officer in any event. However at this level of experience that would be through a cadet programme. You allude to the MPL programmes, which are tied programmes in any event, so I am not entirely sure what you are asking? If you are asking whether you would be able to satisfy recruitment as a "direct entry" F/O when such vacancies are advertised, then no you wouldn't. The MPL programme is not structured in that way. The regular fATPL integrated programmes, would provide you with a CPL/IR, and you would be free to make whatever applications were available. However, the point of these programmes through these schools, is that they are usually structured to specific airlines cadet programmes. Finding airline employment at this level of experience is extremely difficult, and where it is available it is usually through one of these airline cadet programmes.
"Pro pilot....cadets from the MPL with CTC will spend at least 2 years as flexicrew, then with a permanent contract they will be paid a cadet salary with £1000/month bond repayments (so chances are the cadet scale will be adjusted by £12k"
I am not sure where this quote is from, and again it would require a reply from somebody with specific knowledge of this airlines cadet programme, however I would assume that is broadly correct. The salary you would receive would be the same gross figure, however the substitution of bond repayments would be more tax advantageous, than foregoing such arrangements.

My other question with the CTC scheme, is that once you are on a permanent contract (potentially after 2 years), does the bond repayment of £1000 a month come on top of your base cadet salary? I heard people saying it was included in your salary
Same criteria as previous reply, but again the bond repayment is likely to be in sacrifice of the equivalent salary sum. These are often longer term arrangements (although they can be stopped but not subsequently reversed,) and apply equally to all salary scales. For example, if you were able to utilize a bond repayment scheme, the substitution would apply to your cadet salary, your F/O's salary and your Captains salary, for the agreed period (or sooner if you, the company, or HMRC elected to terminate it.)