PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sharky Watch LIVE
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2013, 23:07
orca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We could of course refrain from taking out a contract on the chap and simply ignore him. After all he only spouts rubbish (according to our very own experts) and the majority of us have only heard said spouting because people feel the need to post links to it here.

(Usually with some form of incoherent statement to the effect of: 'This guy whose opinion I am distributing shouldn't even have an opinion, let alone a distributed one.')

Given that I haven't read a single syllable from his site/blog I have no idea how he makes the 'Harrier was great, F-35B is rubbish, Harrier shouldn't have gone but could we have F-18E?' argument hold water, but that does seem a little incoherent to me.

It doesn't seem to be incoherent to argue that a land based practitioner of air power might not have carrier expertise, but again I have only so few heart beats and have to select what I waste them on carefully. Finding out what this brave and decorated chap (maritime persuasion) said about another brave and decorated chap (land based persuasion) is something I can't be bothered with, but I am pretty sure he didn't say he wasn't brave or couldn't fly an aeroplane.