PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Easyjet Scheme or OAA Fully Paid
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2013, 12:05
Mark1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CTC Easyjet Scheme or OAA Fully Paid

Iv been reading this forum the last few days after signing up and getting through to the CTC EZY Assessment Centre in the following week.

However, I am a little concerned now, especially from the EZY Flexicrew contract and the overall take home money in the first few years before a permanent contract. It seems to me this low pay scheme (£1200 for first 18 months and so on until a permanent contract when bond payments are given) is a justification for the 69k bond.

Some are suggesting overall the price difference long term is not very much different than paying for it all yourself due to the fact you are paid significantly more once after private training compared to a cadet EZY pay which seems minimal.

My question is simple. If I had the means to go to OAA and pay for the flight training and type rating completely, would this be the advised route to take instead of the CTC schemes for instance?

If so, once completed, obviously there would be no guarantee of a job, but would the pay once joining an airline be alot greater than if on the CTC EZY scheme for example. Is there a specific level you could join that would be more beneficial. Oxford would be ATPL training and not MPL i understand.

Thanks for any help and guidance, really appreciated.