PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to calculate FTL?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2013, 09:16
Grum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to calculate FTL?

I know most people are a bit confused by this but I thought those on this forum would know best. I have read and reread my ops manual and used the calculators but I still have queries.

I fly under the Slovenian authority, so lets say EU-OPS. I fly corporate under AOC so I rarley have to think about accumulative duty as we don't fly enough.

When I am calculating what time I have to be off duty after a long day, when does my time start? Are we looking at FDP or just Duty? Is it basically (disregarding positioning time) 1 hour before 'off blocks' untill 30 minutes after 'on blocks'? or does the FDP start at 'off blocks'?

Secondly, when does REST begin and end? 30 mins after on blocks and 1 hour before off block?

And finally, what is the logic of giving 12 rest at home base but 10 hours everywhere else?

So lets say off chocks at 18:00 on chocks at 21:00, What is my FDP? and when can I be off chocks the next day?

I really appreciate any help, there is a lot of material on the subject but I can't find anything on how to apply it practically.