PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Skytrax Award
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2013, 07:46
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SKYTRAX apply rigorous authentication for processing and checking of user reviews

I don't think I will bother submitting reports to airlinequality any more after them twice throwing a little wobbly after I submitted a report, with them emailing me to say :
"Due to the comments submitted being sent from a country IP address that
does not match the stated location, our web section cannot authenticate
this and it might be deleted."
Yes, indeed, this is an airline based website and people travel, so I might be a resident of country 'A', and having just flown to country 'B', I'm submitting my report from there. Or, as in my case, I'm a resident of countries 'A' and 'B', and am submitting my report from country 'C' or even 'D' This seems to be a big deal to them. I find it shortsighted, pathetic and childish, it's almost as if they are trying to catch people out.
I know perfectly well that my IP address is visible and tells anyone where I am (unless I use a proxy/VPN, and I don't as I have nothing to hide.)

Does anyone else think this is pathetic or is it just me?

I have replied to them :
This has come up before.

If you don't want feedback from me that is up to you, but it does seem odd that a website dedicated to international travel won't accept reviews from an IP address that does not match the stated location. By definition, you are dealing with an internationally mobile panel of people who may live in one country, or more than one, and submit reports from others. Is that so unusual?