PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 21st Jun 2013, 01:52
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Top posts 004, Kharon and bravo Mr Urquhart!

004:
It is interesting, as per Mr Urquharts FOI request that CAsA's response was 'we can't find all the documents'! Now naturally some would, dare I say, call CAsA out and say that their response is a crock of sh#t, a stall tactic, a diversion, a manipulation of the system designed to buy themselves more time, buy hey, that is what some might say. Then again, pesky details of things such as audit reports, operator approvals, you know things like that can fall between the cracks from time to time and end up in a worm-farm or under the bottom of a hanging pot plant so who knows, maybe they have been lost, along with pages of the Chamber Pot report?
Kharon:
I do admire the tenacity of Shane Urquhart; it may have taken time and courage but, 'IF' it could ever be proven that anyone has strayed outside of the CASA publicly stated protocol and procedural guidelines (gone independent rogue), or not recorded essential 'facts', the LSD would be obliged to publicly crucify them; before both the civil and criminal courts get a whack. Well, they do say – you pays your money and you takes your chances.
Fort Fumble have been obfuscating the FOI Act for years, you only need look at the various cases of review littered throughout the IC’s 'website' and prior to the forming of the OAIC (2010 I think?) the various AAT hearings dealing with FF FOI review decisions. Yep like most ‘due process’ issues FF have always been the masters of spin, stalling and diversions (nothing to do with the aeronautical definitions either!).

As I understand it with SU’s request for IC review there was a difference because SU wasn’t questioning the original FF decision and released docs (some of those released documents are ‘here’) but was questioning the validity of FF’s search for the requested documents, because he knew that certain documents did or used to exist. This meant that the review was also handled as a complaint and was subsequently investigated by the OAIC ‘Dispute Resolution Branch’ and has led to FF being forced to do a repeat search for the requested docs. The lawyer involved in the case sums it up with his statement…"I have seen something I have never seen before! What an exceptional turn of events!

Either way full credit to SU for hanging in there! The net effect is that FF LSD are on notice that the IC is now looking over their shoulder when it comes to their administration of all FOI requests.

Note: 004 remember that Shane has also been fighting the victims cause as well (see Submission 16) and apparently sat in on the final hearing days of the Hempel inquest in support of Samantha Hare (OZ story Monday).

And the Minister is still MIA…hmm hang on...here he is in a happysnap moment..the “teflon man” himself .