PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legitimacy of MALGUS
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2001, 21:13
The Graduate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been doing a load of research the last few days about Malgus. I have been in touch with Trading Standards and Scottish Enterprise in the last few days (sorry Malgus but have to be certain before handing over my money).

The posts by Malgus towards the top of this page concerns me! Not the bit about the bank and the money but the bit about "we ARE supported by Scottish Enterprise..." I have been talking to people at S.E. including the project managers for Malgus at SE. They have said to me several times that "We do not SUPPORT malgus or offer any kind of security. We have simply offered business advise". They say that they have not even provided any money for IT hardware or personnel as someone earlier suggested. They have done a director search for me and say that there is not connection with the Take Flight scheme and the malgus directors. They are doing more research for me. I wil keep you posted.

Trading standards could not help too much. They cannot research too much when just one or two people get in touch with them about a certain Company. They did say however that the only way to have any guarenteed comeback on your money would be to pay by credit card. If the Malgus couldn't or didn't return the money then the card insurance *should* pay up on grounds of "breach of contract".

If it interests anyone I think I have decided to not pay up this time.this time I am going to wait. If they are legit then they will probably have enough people to put at least one person through. If they run it again after this then I (along with lots of others I think) will apply!

I will keep you informed of any developments in my research...

The Graduate

PS Some of you are not being very clever with what M.A.L.G.U.S. stands for. Do you have nothing better to do with your time??

I think it is more likely from the names of the directors maybe??? But then I may be wrong.... but their names are MALcolm and AnGUSGUSMAL