PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Initial Typerating DGCA Pre-requisites.
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2013, 20:16
alphasieara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@pilotWA123

a very valid concern, even i had the same doubt about current/lapsed IR rating,but rest assured i got my type rating with a lapsed IR and i got a type rating endorsed with new IR on type, even my sim partner got/did her training with lapsed IR, anyway to clear the air ill reiterate that current IR is not the concern here, to the best of my knowledge and experience with TRTO and type rating i will like to point out clearly that we need to have our licence(s), class 1 and COP valid, with IR endorsed (on single or twin engine) which ever the case may be,during the entirety of the course.I hope this clears every thing, again I`m only telling based on my experience.

@gambol

sorry for the late reply gambol.

ELP is a requirement for practicing the rating and privileges of our CPL, well i some cases i have heard that DGCA was endorsing type ratings on the CPL on a condition that the pilot gets his /her ELP endorsed before executing the ratings/privileges , well i personally do not know any one with such a case, hence i would recommend that you get your ELP endorsed before leaving,

I got my ELP endorsed based on my foreign licence and the verification letter of the licence issuing authority where it clearly mentioned my language proficiency along with the level.

In India i have been led to believe by few of my associates that ELP test is conducted by a few DGCA designated airline captains, and flying schools and the information is available on DGCA website,this is the best i know about it till now, I think some one who reads this forum can shed more light on it.

otherwise i hope that i have comprehensively answered what you had asked.

all the best!

Last edited by alphasieara; 21st Jun 2013 at 18:08.