PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISS staff vote for strike - another bonus of PAYD!
Old 20th Jun 2013, 19:53
Toddington Ted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, it was a bloody disgrace, but at least the weather was good for the graduation. By 1600 it had started to rain and by then, all the noisemakers had bu****ered off before their placards melted in the wet. I'm no longer serving in RAF blue but I still work at "Sleaford Tech", I always feel a bit better when another group of IOT cadets graduate and I don't expect disruptive behaviour like this from anyone. As Melchett01 said, any sympathy for the strikers' cause has gone out of the window. It was a Royal Grad today too. One of our cadets on medical hold had attended and he was appalled by the air horns and the general noise being made throughout the entire event. When I joined the RAF (Blimey I sound like some of my old bosses!) all the catering staff were in RAF blue and there was even an RAF Carpenter trade group (albeit obsolete by the time I joined) and, during my time, I've seen contractorisation cause an ever increasing hollowing out of what is now, to me anyway, a mere husk of what things were. The classic for me was the Metrix debacle when we were all going to move to St Athan to a bright new Defence Training College where the future would be so bright we'd all have to wear shades. Now we have Lyneham as a possible future move but I shall not be concerning myself or raising any hopes with that!