PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISS staff vote for strike - another bonus of PAYD!
Old 20th Jun 2013, 18:28
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Allegedly a group of strikers spent their time sounding air horns during the graduation parade at Cranwell today.
No alleged about it. I was sat in the front row as an 'official guest' - representing my CO who lost the coin toss and got the Management Board instead - and there were horns sounding all the way through from start to finish and throughout the service of dedication afterwards. Whether it was the strikers with air horns, or whatever they had on their placards encouraging drivers to sound car horns I don't know, but we definitely had the sound of horns including during HRH address.

Fortunately, the sound of backbone being stiffened in the form of an excellent band, the Reds and a GR4 drowned out the sound of selfish spineless whimpering. And as for the caterers who did show up, rumour control says they were flown in from Leuchars last night, they were brilliant and rustled up an excellent lunch with very little notice. My hat definitely off to the 2 WOs who coordinated, the chefs and serving staff - outstanding!

The strikers may have had a point to make, but what they fail to realise is that they made a completely unintended point today. What sympathy they may have had from Cranwell personnel went out the window today. If you must, target the summer ball; after an hour everyone will be too p1ssed to notice or care. But don't target the graduation parade and potentially ruin what people have worked at least 9 months and potentially all their lives to achieve.

Despite the efforts of the strikers, my heartiest congratulations to all the graduates - a splendid parade. I do hope you have stonking hangovers in the morning!

Last edited by Melchett01; 20th Jun 2013 at 18:39.