PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Live
Thread: Airport Live
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2013, 11:40
Helen49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This programme is not aimed at the aviation fraternity; it is to be hoped that such people will know the technical jargon and use the correct industry terminology, sadly not always the case!

However in my experience, I have found that many in the industry have, in fact, scant knowledge of what happens in the next office. There have been hints of that in the series!

So I feel that many airport workers will certainly be gleaning information from the series and the general public, at whom it is really aimed, should get a pretty good feel for what happens and why it happens in language which they are likely to understand.

The series demonstrates very clearly that the safe, expeditious and efficient operation of airports and aeroplanes is a consequence of team effort and that although some may feel that they are more important or work harder than others, this is not the case.

Let's face it, the media aren't known for their attention to correct detail as many on these forums frequently complain!

If the programme really offends, select the 'off' switch!