PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Live
Thread: Airport Live
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2013, 09:35
cumbrianboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is an interesting series, and quite a bold thing to do for the BBC, live TV from a notoriously changeable environment.

I think the series is aimed at the public, and for us aviation professionals we cringe, but we cringe because we know more than what is being presented. To joe public who get on a Thomson 737 once a year it does help unravel some of the mysteries and answer some of the questions that I hear at every departure gate around the country.

No, they're not being very technical or advanced, for example explaining that lift is actually produced due to the turning motion of the air (as opposed to simple pressure differences) but they are at least giving people a good understanding of some of the basic principles involved in modern aviation.

I think it's a middle of the road programme appealing to the masses, it is a shame that they didn't use a more subtle, but political approach to reinforce the need for expansion and the huge positive impact aviation has on the country, but then for the public sat at home eating sausage and chips do they really care?