PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2013, 22:22
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kcockayne

As a former employee, one might think I have lost interest in the company however it is not the case. I have many friends that work there and as such, want the company to succeed thus providing my friends with a life, a family and financial support needed. They are the "lucky" ones in that they are still there working hard to keep things ticking over.

I agree that the current Management team leading the restructuring had, possibly and one could argue this, a large involvement in putting where Flybe is today. Whether that includes the negative side of the company, or you look at all the airlines achievements is up to you. However what I would say is that having 40 years experience in an industry does not necessarily mean you are the very best in it as times change and modern ways of thinking, doing things and technology ultimately take over. These are a lot of Flybe's problems I believe. Although with the turn around, there are Management who are more than capable of bringing Flybe back to profit and they are in different, more influential roles now.

You say that Flybe's decisions are frightening their employees - I can only go by my own observations and yes, again to an extent this is true but only when looking at it in a little bit of a tunnel visioned sort of way. There may be a feeling from some that the wrong assets have been removed in terms of the restructure (staff) but everyones views are different. I have not however heard anyone yet show concern over LGW - why would they? £20 million towards the turn around plan thank you very much. If the routes are not making money, get rid - the company isnt a charity.

We can only wait and see what happens on this one