PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2013, 17:59
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do not take my word for it by I think it might look like Ryanair is considering flying to Bournemouth throughout the winter this year.

Based on something I've noticed several years ago about the way the Ryanair website displays a search with no flights available... it seems that 7 routes could be available from Bournemouth throughout the coming winter:

ALICANTE
BARCELONA (GIRONA)
GRAN CANARIA
LANZAROTE
MALAGA
TENERIFE-SOUTH
WROCLAW

To see what I mean, go on the Ryanair website, and search for example "Bournemouth to Alicante, from January 13th till 20th" you will see that those dates are highlighted in yellow (but no flights available).

Now select a route not in that list of 7 above, take Pisa for example for the same dates... "Bournemouth to Pisa, from January 13th till 20th", Now you will see that strangely the 17th and 20th January are highlighted in yellow and do not line up on the page like before, despite you entering
the exact same dates as before.

It's really bizarre but I've found over the years that it seems to be that when they display like the Alicante search shows you, it means that flights may go on sale soon. If it shows like the Pisa search did, then it seems no flights are expected to be put on sale at all.

But it can change, for example a few days ago I put East Midlands to Palma de Mallorca for the same dates in January and I got the layout that suggested there would be no flights at all.

I checked again today and that has now changed (like that of the BOH-ALC search) where the dates highlighted in yellow are the exact dates I selected and line up on the page.

I would therefore now expect to see East Midlands to Palma de Mallorca available for the winter season, so watch this space also.

The vice versa can also happen however where it looks like a route could be put on sale but then ends up changing and thus ends up not going on sale at all (that's why I say don't take my word for it regarding Bournemouth winter flights), albeit fairly rare to do so. Generally though, as weird as it is, it's a fairly accurate indication as to what routes will operate and which won't.

However, the 7 routes it suggests for Bournemouth though seem pretty typical and realistic ones for winter services and the Wroclaw winter schedule has been re-jigged a bit, perhaps to make way for a Bournemouth flight on a Wroclaw aircraft? Maybe since the 7 possible routes are all Ryanair bases themselves, Bournemouth may act as a destination airport through the winter? Too hard to say I suppose!

I'd keep an eye on this anyway but would't get too excitied at this stage.