PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nice gesture to servicemen!
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2013, 09:16
Roland Pulfrew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
You have been measured and found to be wanting
In your opinion only. You accuse others of not reading comments properly but the OP does not complain about rude and childish comments (unless of course you mean 'original poster' rather than 'original post'- the risks of acronyms). And I would suggest BEagle is just as entitled to his view of the "democratic process" as you are to yours. If you don't like his comments you don't have to read them (personally I hated the annual midge/horsefly season which made hillwalking/climbing something to be endured rather than enjoyed - so I can't disagree with BEagle on that). So

please refrain from your derogatory comments, they are offensive
Now back to the original thread: I have never asked for a free upgrade because of being a serviceman but I most certainly won't turn one down if offered and within the rules. Actually it's only ever happened once (thank you Air Canada) when I was upgraded from cattle to business when flying from Edmonton to UK via Toronto. Sadly the Toronto UK leg was fully booked, so it was back to cattle for me

And edited to add:

WRT to the OP, I think that it's a very nice touch from the Train Manager. Good on him.

Last edited by Roland Pulfrew; 19th Jun 2013 at 09:42.