PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FLYER Professional Flight Training Show
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2003, 14:47
TubularBells

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’ve actually been to the last four of these!

For people who know nothing about flying training it's a great chance to meet some of the people involved in the industry and to talk to them, something which really can't be substituted by a web-site.

For those who have already been (such as me! ), then it is really more about the seminars. Each time I've met someone new there and had a chance to grill them on the ins and outs of what is going on (it's a show where pilots have taken the time out of their own schedules to help wannabes).

You get a view on the current industry climate from the professionals (plus you get a chance to meet and listen to Mr Fyne, the founder of this wonderful chat forum!).

It's also a good way to see if there are any new players or pricing changes in the training arena, which if you are choosing to go modular, is always a good thing.

Scuzi, it’s difficult to be able to comment on whether it’s worth you going or not (I live in London, so it's easy for me), I would suggest one visit and then decide or whether or not to go ever again! Perhaps you should fit in a trip to the London Eye etc on the way!

Finally, I would say that even if I was to come out with no new info, I’ve always come out of it with renewed enthusiasm for training, which is always good value!

Best regards,

TB.