PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Petition | Remove ASIC cards entirely
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2013, 01:03
YPJT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He lost me when he kept calling it an ASIC card, I suppose he also refers to ATM machines, PIN numbers etc.
Seriously though, I agree that there is room for improvement under the current aviation security regime but I think our petitioner will have to come up with something better than an off the hand sweeping statement before those that matter will take notice. The fact that they are a "costly annoyance" won't exactly have the regulator running to have the legislation changed.

Why do people waste their time with online petitions? There are far more effective ways of working to achieve the outcome you want. But it does take some effort and unfortunately cost in terms of travel etc. Spending 30 seconds on a keyboard to get an online petition going to my mind is just pure laziness and fails to convince anyone that they are genuinley concerned or take their own comments seriously.

If, as Wally Mk2 says, the petition is aimed at the GA sports aviation level, where is their presence at the numerous open invitation government forums that discuss these very matters? The MUA have very strong views on MSICs and they regularly attend the consultative meetings to make sure the interest of their members are taken into consideration with any proposed changes. I'd suggest GA get with the program and adopt a similar approach.