PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2013, 21:33
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flybe

BOHEuropean,

I was under the impression that this was a forum where one could discuss airlines, ask questions, get answers & make relevant points.
You, apparently are not of the same opinion !

Supposing that my opinion might JUST have some merit & be supported by facts, events , opinions & fears of staff who work for Flybe,then I have no intention of being silenced by you & told that I am killing off Flybe singlhandedly by making those points & asking relevant questions.

Certainly, only time will tell if Flybe will survive....& I genuinely hope they do. But, there IS a large question mark over what will happen to individual bases & the relevant crews; & to the Company itself.

To take both Guernsey & Jersey; From April next year they WILL lose their Gatwick flights & there is very little prospect of the Embraers being put unto the Southampton run. &, even if there was, what would then happen to the Dash 8 crews? So, something has got to give there !

This IS, therefore, a legitimate line of questioning. I hardly think that by raising it I am frightening off potential customers to the extent that the airline will collapse. Rather, is it not the case that Flybe themselves are frightening them off by removing the Gatwick flights ? Does this not indicate a pretty dire state of affairs & deter would be customers?

They are certainly frightening their own employees by doing this ! Furthermore, the employees can hardly have too much confidence in the Management restructuring of the airline which is being carried out by...? The same Management who got the airline into this position in the first place !

They surely cannot obtain much reassurance that the Management are on the right track when they see the Company announce, first - that they will NOT use the Embraer on Guernsey to Gatwick; then, that they will; &, then, two months later - that the route will be abandoned. Pretty good joined up thinking & decision making there !

&, what of Gatwick itself?

One of the Company's busiest & most important destinations sold for £20m. They MUST have been pretty desperate to get their hands on the cash !

I know that some of this is controversial & will only be determined in the fullness of time. But, in the meantime there are a lot of employees asking these very questions & wondering whether the Management has the ability to arrive at the correct answers.

They hope that they do....& so do I. But I am not going to avoid asking questions & making relevant points because you don't like it.