PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CL44 Association & Guppy restoration
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2013, 19:19
4 Holer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA Investigate

I was in the FAA office in Miami and a manager who was a CL44 Captain stumbled onto the subject we were initially talking about my recent 777 type rating. He said the CL44 was going nowhere Anne the FAA have it pending as there is no record of it being Philippine registered and the Ghana documents do not add up. it was being registered to a Harlan guy down in Lady Lakes but the Feds say it's a front, this same Harlan guy was stopped moving a DC3 N65388 out in Australia with no paperwork.

He mentioned the Feds have photos of the people working on it last week and know all t the old engines being installed, props and components run out, corrosion etc.

He laughed said it was very clear in the FAA regs the flight engineer of any aircraft US registered private or otherwise HAS to be current on type ( not so the pilot ) so how they going to do that and there is no FAA or rep involved in this aircraft for maintenance ferry or operations.

I guess the association will in fact end up with her this time complete ??

P.S. It was said the UK CAA Gatwick have two orders grounding in place and are working with the Feds