PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seating small children - Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2013, 12:46
racedo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some time ago I was boarding an Easyjet flight (when they didn't allocate seats), pretty much at the head of the queue after loading those with kids or reduced mobility was completed. I was heading for the over wing exit row for the extra leg room (I'm comfortably over 6ft tall), when I noticed a mum with kids (all short) heading for that row. However, my dismay turned to relief when the steward refused to let them sit in this row - ostensibly because they patently wouldn't be able to operate the emergency door. However, I like to think there was an element of the steward thinking 'you're all 5'4" or less, what on earth makes you think you need extra leg room seats?' - but I don't imagine that was uppermost in her mind.
Many years ago on an Alitalia flight from LHR there was a mother with 2 small children seated beside her and a babe in arms in exit row.

Flight was delayed for 2 hrs at the gate and only realised it when needed to use bathroom.

Asked purser if Alitalia rules were different from everyone elses where someone sitting in exit row is required to be fit and able to open door.

30 second later they were being moved.

It seems my meal choice wasn't available or so I was told by cc and would I take a different one. As never ordered one and I got what was being served in business class and a thank you grin from purser I reckon it was a fair return.