PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sneeky icon ...
Thread: Sneeky icon ...
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2013, 08:16
FullOppositeRudder

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks everyone. I had an uneasy feeling that even mentioning XP might cause a comment or two and I apologise for so doing. Yes I know it's been "superseded" thrice over, and yet it still runs programs which none of the replacements will. I understand it (more or less) and I can do things with ease in XP that have defied me in Vista or W7.

The point is taken and I'm considering my options, however XP will remain on some of my machines, and I'll address the full implications of that when it becomes a little more essential. Yes I understand the risks etc. I'll probably wait for Windows 8, otherwise W7 may be considered if it's still available, or the penguin may be invited in. (Take that Micro$oft )

To return to the point of the discussion however .......
Thank you especially BOAC; everything was in operation as you suggested but I'll confess that I had never noticed the "Lock Web Items on Desktop" option. I'll invoke that and see if I can glue the blighter to the spot, otherwise it's Chrome uninstall - which may well happen anyway since it's only there by a cyber version of gatecrashing for which the company concerned should stand in shame.

Thanks again,
FOR