PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cub to Ibiza
Thread: Cub to Ibiza
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2013, 07:08
Piper.Classique

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hi again
The airfield map looks good. If you have an ipad you can get a nifty app that has all the French visual approach charts. The somewhat similar android app has you downloading them one at a time. Look for iVac for ios and VAC atlas viewer for android. If you çan't get them on the UK store let me know. I expect I will be able to help.

I suppose 6.5 kg for a dinghy is OK if you are flying solo, we are usually two up and where do you stow it for easy access?

Nuits St George is restricted use, either you apply for permission in advance in writing or take a chance on not being ramp checked (rare, but has been known)

Le Blanc or Chauvigny are close to my home. P.M. Me if you need any help in that area.

Oh, and a lot of Clubs will try to find you hangarage if the weather looks iffy, when flying a real aeroplane Take decent tiedowns anyway. Learn enough french to call joining the circuit, downwind, final. If you really can't then make the calls in english whatever the carte VAC says. Many small fields are happy for you to go NORDO, but not if there is a radio fitted.......Go figure.

Don't land on microlight only strips unless you have a genuine emergency. It could give them real problems.

P.S. Some of us are ladies. You can tell by the refined language

I think that's all. Enjoy!