PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France does a 'Memmingen'.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2013, 06:40
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Couldn't agree more Atc watcher.
Had a post censored last week after I commented on another post which ran along the lines that the poster had a sim check in three weeks and would swot up for that rather than making a reply.
It mirrored the attitude of some of the guys in BEA in the 70s...don't open the manuals except for a sim or route check.
My final company - another culture - always be ready for any emergency - use the books for conformation.
Didn't do any revision for any checks - I just did the professional job that I was paid for.
Suspect the poster concerned inherited the old attitude - as did the crew on the BA lax flight who didn't understand the basic fuel system or those on the 777 who didn't understand the importance of the sequence of the on ground emergency items and left a fuel shut off open.
My only contact with the Air France attitude is through the French gliding clubs and is typical macho best pilots in the world....with the odd exception of a 380 trainer who goes seems to do his job very well but knows there are limitations in fighting arrogance and the system (in our club!).

Last edited by blind pew; 18th Jun 2013 at 06:43.