PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Trainee First Officer
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2013, 05:07
AlphaRomeo1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interview Preparation

Hey, friends.

I suggest "Ace the Technical Pilot Interview" to prepare for technical questions.

Jeppesen charts can be studied from the instructional documents available for download on their website under the heading "Introduction to Jeppesen Navigation Charts". The link is:
IFR Paper Chart Services for Business Aviation | Jeppesen Charts

The weather in Mumbai is wet. The rains do come pouring here on the coast and moderate to heavy rain is forecast for the coming week. It's humid but temperatures are comfortable. Do try to leave early for the interview keeping in mind delays due to traffic in rainy weather.

Regarding what to wear, I think a shirt with a tie looks as professional as a full suit. It depends on what you're comfortable in. And, of course, don't forget to wear that all-important "Smile"!

Most of the people who were called in my batch showed up.

Personal questions: what have you been doing since August 2011, why have you pursued whichever courses you've taken up in the meantime, have you applied elsewhere, have you tried for a type rating, did you have a plan B if this didn't work out, what do you know about Jet Airways (aircraft, recent news, etc.)?

Technical questions: Map projections, great cirlces / rhumb lines, monsoon and associated hazards, weight and balance (RTOW, MLW, etc.), v-speeds, precision and non-precision approaches, sector entry into holding pattern (to be drawn on paper), RVSM, 1 in 60 rule, calculate ROD if GS is given, segments of take-off, familiarization with Jeppesen charts and maps, etc.

Management questions: What is CRM, what do you understand by it, what is your biggest weakness?

These questions are only a small set of what they might ask. Please be familiar with all that you've studied for CPL as they're checking your basic knowledge and understanding.

I recommend a crisp handshake with each interviewer before and after the interview as it's a sign that you've comfortable and confident. Don't lose your cool if you can't answer a question. Focus on the next question and keep answering confidently.

I don't know when they'll declare results. Just give it your best and leave the rest!

All the best to everyone out there!