PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skydemon Android -Any users out there? how good is it?
Old 17th Jun 2013, 21:26
RyanRs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skydemon Android -Any users out there? how good is it?

Just wanted to know if anyone has any real practical Hands-on experience with skydemon Android? And perhaps can give there thoughts on its performance vs the iPad version?

I ask as i intend to purchase Skydemon pretty soon to help me with some international cross country navigation and as i do not own a tablet as of yet i am free to choose whichever is the best setup.

Skydemon tell me the Ipad mini is the ultimate tablet for the job but this was due to the size and ultimately i can imagine the android version will never beat the ipad for stability. however, issues i have with the mini is the price of the thing, being not much cheaper than the ipad 4 ! however the ipad4 looks a little too big for use in the cockpit.
My other issue with apple is the fact i am an Android man. I own a samsung galaxy s3 mobile and i strongly believe its a better os than apple. The restrictiveness of the apple os is irritating, i would much rather an Android tablet!

So the way i see it .. You cannot beat the reliability / stability of the ipad however i will have to put up with the horribly restrictive apple os and the high costs of the unit. Android is my preferred choice as they are more functional and cheaper however i don't have a clue what tablet device to go for and i am uncertain of the reliability/stability of Skydemon on this format.

So, can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks

Last edited by RyanRs; 17th Jun 2013 at 21:27.