PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I risk it?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2003, 11:33
TubularBells

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks FFF, that's very helpful.

I'm inclined to agree you in regards to the current climate. The general feeling seems to be that it's going to take a little longer than first thought for the industry to recover.

I can take 6 weeks to start with (I have some holiday to rollover), but after that it's down to 5. Anything I can have in place as a plan B is a good thing, as I get older and frustrated as each day passes by (I have been waiting to start all this for 3 1/2 years now ). I also don't want to have to complete the ATPLs only to look at the market and realise I can't leave my job and carry on with the training (especially with the 3 year limit). Besides, if I don't get going soon, the girlie will definitely be leaving me for someone else! She's sticking by me bless her, but I don't know how much more "Can't do that, gotta save and plan for the flying" comments she can take!

The IMC is a lot of extra money but in addition to the points you made, I would also think it's pretty handy to have this side of the hemisphere. Anything one can do to stop the disappointment of arriving at the airfield, only to find that there's no hope of getting up!

Thanks for the info on the FAA\IR, I’ll take a look at that.

Good luck with the CPL, sounds like you've got your work cut out, but it'll be lots of fun! (ooo and luuvvvverly weather )

Cheers,

TB