PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - to get job in canada
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2013, 18:11
BgVlad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out of curiosity, is there any general aviation job in India like instructing or charter flying on small piston airplanes or turboprops?
I know quite a few guys out of those 2000 CPL holders you mentioned but I know for sure they are sitting around waiting for opportunity to fly jets (A320/B737 if possible).

See the problem is that if any company wants to hire a foreign pilot, they will look for a foreign pilot with substantial experience and time on type. If they are to hire a low hour guy than they will definitively try to look for one amongst local population. It's like that in Africa, Asia...etc.
Of course there is an exeption to every rule but the only way to get hired as an expat with low hours is through contacts, networking, knocking on doors....sitting at home, sending out CVs wont help, trust me. Unfortunately even this will not help you in Canada if you don't have legal right to work there.

Unless you can immigrate there through skilled worker program ( Commercial Pilot is not on the list), or as an investor or some family connection it will be impossible to immigrate to Canada as a pilot.