PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anti Hijack Measures!
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2003, 10:25
LOMCEVAK

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
On the point about manoeuvres to knock a hijacker off balance so that he/she can be incapcitated, I developed such a manoeuvre for a major international carrier and suggested procedures to work with it. There were some aspects that would need structural advice from the manufacturer but that should not be a stopper. It has not been implemented because, I believe, the company management did not wish to recommend and train for it unless it was mandated by the certification authority. I know that other carriers, certfication authorities and manufacturers have considered similar procedures. Yet, as far as I know, no airline has introduced one yet.

If we take some of the emotion from "Out of trim's" original post, there is a very valid message in it. Take it seriously and consider the parts that are feasible and acceptable. As he says, thought provoking.

Finally, Airbus flight control systems are so clever as to prevent you performing extreme manoeuvres such as these. Can you select Direct Law quickly enough?

Last edited by LOMCEVAK; 28th Feb 2003 at 12:37.