PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 16th Jun 2013, 23:22
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Three points Leadslead:

1) This thread and what Painnet is doing is creating a body of evidence, some anecdotal, some not, that will eventually be large enough that it cannot be ignored.

2) Because of (1) it is possible that CASA may attempt one day to suppress this thread and/or try and litigate it away, so be careful of what you say and how you say it. I hope Painnet has a copy of the thread. Yes, Creampuff, you can guffaw all you like about self important twits yacking on the net.

3) There are Four ways in my opinion that politicians will be galvanised to act:

(a) The aforementioned very large smoking hole, or Three.

(b) Downgrading by the FAA or ICAO.

(c) Something that provokes Department of PM &C to act - those guys are the real police of bad public service behaviour when they want to be and they are capable of fixing the problem if it becomes one of their priorities, but they are very busy people. I doubt that politicians can force them to act, they have their own internal dynamic...perhaps if one of their kids was learning to fly, and..............stranger things have got their attention.

(d) An Australia wide GA and Charter strike by operators and aviation businesses. That will close down major tourist operations and inhibit regional business operations, but it would have to be something large enough to bite. RFDS would need to be the only exception. Bear in mind that sociopaths are bullies and cowards at heart and if CASA has those atrributes then it will fold very quickly.

OK Creampuff, now waffle away. The simple fact is that if nothing is done about CASA, people are going to die and we have a very limited window before some harassed operator or pilot either misses something or makes a mistake. Our task then will be to sheet home the blame where it belongs.

Last edited by Sunfish; 16th Jun 2013 at 23:27.