PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 90 Day Rule - revisited
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2013, 22:02
foxmoth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a scenario:

A PPL holder wants to join a non-equity SEP group. The SEP owner requires the PPL holder to be subject to a 'check flight'. The PPL is SEP qualified and current within 90 days.

Q. What qualifications and experience does the checker need, and what qualifications and experience do you think the checker should have?
Legally the guy does not need a check flight, what you are doing here is satisfying an insurance requirement and they are the ones who need to stipulate what qualifications and experience the checker needs, remember, we are talking legalities here, not what is necessarily sensible - if I was the owner and the insurance had not laid this down I would want to know the experience of the new member and who I had check him out might vary depending on this.

'QFI' is not a civilian qualification.
It might not be a laid down qualification or title, but EA said "by definition" and ANY Instructor who has done the course IS a Qualified Flying Instructor "by definition", they are Flying instructors and they are Qualified to be so - I cannot understand why people get so steamed up about this.

Last edited by foxmoth; 16th Jun 2013 at 22:15.