PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - View from 35000 ft
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2013, 20:54
cyflyer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you don't like HDR, and that is a very impractical method for the cockpit, here's an example of the last time I shot from the cockpit some three years ago. Remember, if , and its a very big IF, nowadays you ever did get the unlikely chance to visit the cockpit, you do not have the time and luxury to 'fuddle' with camera and gear, like the guy who works there for hours. Its got to be quick, unobstrusive, and without fuss. My example below, single exposure, manual, quick light reading outside, light reading in the dark areas inside, choose a setting in between the two (eg outside= f/22, inside= f/5.6) try f/8 or f/16 and shoot in RAW mode not jpeg. Reason being, in raw your have the latitude to darken the outside considerably, and lighten up the shadows, with the same photo, as I did in this, with acceptable results. Oh, and one thing I mentioned before, flash, forget using it as it washes out the instrument screens and you just get a black empty screens. (unless you just want a picture of the person)

Last edited by cyflyer; 16th Jun 2013 at 20:55.