PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2013, 16:05
loggie1983

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's great, always like reading about someone going through what I am.

Started my PPL back in March after about 8 years of finding the right time with fitting it in with the wife and kids. Had 3 hours back then and took a break up until a few weeks ago. Now on 8.5 hours and absolutely loving it, my instructor lets me 'fly the aircraft', lets me learn from any little mistakes I may make (nothing serious of course).

Aiming to complete an hour at at least from now on, maybe 2.5-3 if I can fit it into my daily work plan. So should have most of it completed end of August/September.

Medical completed last week (JAR Class 2(learning in Cyprus, RAF Akrotiri flying club. will I have to change anything when I get back to the UK?)) at least out here I don't have to worry about the weather, gorgeous blue skies with crystal clear water below me, do get a lot of wind/x-winds, so that should be good for the UK, just need to do make sure I get flying in during the winter months here.

Anyway loving my old Cessna 172 in flying, ( not actually mine) it is defiantly a classic though!

Looking forward to seeing more.