PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - View from 35000 ft
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2013, 14:00
SetStandard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look at the tag on the pilot, its Emirates. Emirates don't have A320, only A330.
The tag, I'm not bothered about. Dont believe everything you read in the Daily Mail! Those pictures are from an A320.

1, In the pictures the Clock is on the right hand side of the instrument panel, on an A330, it is on the Captains side (left hand side)

2, The Alternate Gear Extension in the pictures is on the very aft of the lower pedestal (its the red handle you can see int the "Panorama" and "Motherboard" pictures) on the A330 it is on the main instrument panel, just near the Gear Extension Handle.

3, On the A330 there is another column of switches to the left hand side of clock and the standby instruments (just above the left hand CPDLC interface, if fitted), which aren't in the pictures in the article.

4, The overhead panel is different between the A330 and A320, that is the overhead panel of an A320. (I know, I have spent a few thousand hours looking at it.)

Those are just a few of the differences. Although the A320 and A330 flight decks do look very similar, so much so, that pilots can fly both types, known as "Mixed fleet flying" in my company, they do have their differences.

I dont want to take anything away from the pictures though, they really are fantastic! I wish I was that good at Photography!