PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 16th Jun 2013, 11:34
004wercras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creampuff, what other avenue do you propose? You ought to get down off your high horse and stop alluding to the rest of the world as being stupid mate. Many of us 'get it'. We get it that the system is corrupt, is completely rooted and that we as individuals cant do f#ck all about it, trust me we get it. So some of us support inquiries, support well intentioned Senators, support sections of the media (albeit small and not necessarily mainstream) and support each others personal endeavours and agendas which vary from case to case. And at the end of the day if our energies were wasted, our efforts in vain, and SFA comes of all this then so be it. At least our consciences will be clean, we did all we could to hoist our safety concerns into the spotlight and we did out best.
Sure, I could do a Creampuff and jump online and just prattle on about how nothing will ever change, everybody is wasting their time, and 'all you blokes are dumbasses', but doing so won't even give us a tiny shot at change. So Creamy you are probably correct, nothing will change and if that comes to fruition then congratulations, you were correct, pick a prize from the top shelf as your reward.
Me? I would rather die on my feet than on my knees.

As for voting, and trusting in those that we have voted for? Spare me. My Election Day usually consists of a trip to the nearest polling booth, a voting card, and my writing of the words 'get fu#*ed' on it. Done this for several decades now and have no intention of changing. Politicians and their parties are a scourge on society. However occasionally a genuine politician comes along, or one who can influence a measure of change. It is in this that we occasionally place a limited amount of hope, but that is about it. I will continue to do what it takes to improve our industries viability and improve safety.

Last edited by 004wercras; 16th Jun 2013 at 11:46.