PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 11
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2013, 07:37
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by busTRE
An airbus can stall in normal law
- since you seem to be on a different topic and seeing things I have not posted, I think I will bow out of this discussion with you. I actually asked "Are you saying you can stall an Airbus in normal law?" which is a different issue, and I did post "I am not claiming your aircraft magically can't stall". I do not recognise your supposed quote "not just got on with it (as you suggest)" by the way.

Anyway - moving on - for 3holelover (post #34) - there you have it. The answer from someone who says he/she is an AB multi-type TRE. I think we can distill the opinion there that it is taught that (as I understood) it is impossible for a pilot to stall an Airbus in normal law, but obviously as with any flying machine, dynamic un-commanded events can take a serviceable AB into a stalled situation from which it will self-recover given sufficient margins. The question of how you disabuse the 'absorbent' pilot of this instinct when all is not well has not been answered and indeed may well be pivotal. If this belief persists the fault lies fully with the training system, as I have said for many years.