PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 15th Jun 2013, 22:40
004wercras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time for a royal commision

I like the idea of Beaker and The Chamber Pot sharing a taxi, just make sure it doesn't run out of petrol! Or make it a bus instead, that way you can fit more individuals in it.
Nah screw it, Gobbles hires out the Styx houseboat for a daily fee, you can fit hundreds onboard that rig, I will give him a call. Anybody know Canada's country and area code???

But all jokes aside, please follow me with this;
After the Erebus crash and disgraceful bureaucratic investigation which not so surprisingly found the pilots were to blame (sound familiar, Pel Air/Dom anyone?) around 13 years after the commision inquiry became shelfware, some 15 years after the tragic crash ICAO published a report that found the Royal Commision inquiry by Justice Mahon, his investigation and subsequent findings were the correct cause of the accident and the root cause of management error was to blame, not the pilots.....you really need to study the entire Erebus accident, reports, investigations, opinions, evidence and 'motivation' to see the entire picture.

Now what is my point? My point is that governments and government departments cannot be trusted, and will lie, deceive, spin and falsify truths if it is in what they perceive is their best interests. The activities of our governments and their bureaucracies over the past few decades in aviation culminating in Lockhart and Pel Air has shone a spotlight on the need for a royal commission, particularly after successive inquiries and certainly the latest one. Senator Xenophon is the man to push this. A Commision headed by a decent Beak or former Beak, someone like Fitzgerald is desperately needed. We need this so as to prevent the day occurring in which 257 souls are lost in a smoking hole. The window of opportunity remains open but not for very long.

And what about ICAO? Why don't they send a team made up of independent people to conduct their own investigation of Pel Air or perhaps even Lockhart? To review the accident reports, evidence, all the facts and make a conclusion for themselves? They should be interested, and so should member states considering Australia does have a Category 1 rating and is connected to the rest of the world. Our risk becomes their risk.

Last edited by 004wercras; 16th Jun 2013 at 03:16.