PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cub to Ibiza
Thread: Cub to Ibiza
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2013, 21:44
Monocock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cub to Ibiza

Ok, so it's not going to be a quick trip...

With parents who live there, I have decided a trip to visit them is in order - having promised myself for the past 20 years of flying that I would!! I plan to take my time over it (no choice really...) and to take three days (assuming good VFR weather) to get there, a week there, and three days to return. In accept it might take longer subject to weather, but time isn't really a limiting factor for me so no pressure there.

My question to the learnéd is about the best route for this kind of 'slow VFR' trip. I don't want to go from tarmac to tarmac. I'd prefer to use smaller grass airfields (with fuel) that are sensibly interspersed along the way at 170-200 mile intervals. I'm familiar with flying in France so procedurally I'm happy; it's just the ideal route I'm interested in.

Has anybody done such a trip who can provide me with a good basis for a route/stops I can work on? It's going to be a bit of a 'I'm buggering off for a month' trip really so no worries about a particularly direct route if I can meander off to somewhere worth calling in at.

I'm aware of the potential complexities with Palma and their requirements but I have a plan there...