PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best price/ quality combination ATPL distance learning course UK
Old 15th Jun 2013, 12:22
acutabove007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bearcat F8F

I honestly think you should do some more research as opposed to relying on what is said on a "Rumour Network". As it seems like youve made your mind up from completely false accusation. I am not here to tell you what school to go to, but I think you should look at other places apart from here to source your info as your potentially Turning down some very good school(s).

I understand times are hard, and money has to go further with pilot training as it seems to be getting more and more expensive, but becoming a commercial pilot is not a drop of the hat career. It takes careful planning and research to find out what and where suites you best. There are many FTO who will happily take large amounts of money off of you, and not provide that much in terms of personal development of airline qualities (the sausage factory) where your in one door and out the other, and there are those that really strive to providing you with as much as possible throughout your training career. I know your only talking about the ATPL stage at the moment, but look at the bigger picture...as its that what will make you look different from everyone else when it comes to getting a job.

So I would suggest:

1) Call different schools up with some written down questions and give them a little grilling over the phone (ask all the "what" and "ifs" you can), and especially ask what happens if you fall out of sync with their training (not ready to take exams, or your learning style is slower then how its being taught) as ATPL theory is no joke, its hard and takes dedication and sacrifice.

(I would definitely say from my own experience that having someone teach it to you, and go through it as many times as necessary until its all understood, is key to not only passing those exams but retaining the knowledge for use throughout your career, as remember your captain will grill you on things and you cant just answer him/her with "A, B, C or D")

2) Go visit all these schools that have been mentioned or that your keen on.

3) Remember that regardless of what school you go to, its YOU and only you who can get you through these stages. What makes it easier is Picking the school that will provide you with the most support, and guidance which can only give you more of a chance