PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Airlink job problem
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2003, 00:59
CDT4

Angry PNG Airlink job problem

G'Day every one

could some one please shed some light on the way in which Airlink do their recruiting.

My storie so far is :

Early 2001 I got sent a contract from them (Airlink) filled it out sent it back rang them got told it would be maybey to months untill i was up there but to go ahead and get ready e.g. spent about $300 on x-rays injections police checks etc etc .About a week later I rang to ask some questions and check on how everything was going to be told i was now placed on a hold file . No big deal i thought just kept on ringing every month to check .Then in Dec of 2002 I get a phone call from the CP asking if i was still interested ,I was so I got a new contract sent to me sent it back and was told that they were very short on pilots and that I should be up there within 6 weeks , Being a little sick of the job I had I took my anual leave ( 6 weeks ) and put in my resignation leaving on good terms . After numerous phone calls saying that everything is going fine but it might just be 2 longer (it has now been almost 3 months), today I ring up again and find out i have been put back on hold, my old company as expected has already replaced me and could offer me only casual work .

All im after is a straight answer . Do I have a job or Not ?