PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Relevant to Paris base closure?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2013, 06:59
ANCPER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Junior Whopper

I don't know what tax CX crews in those countries are paying, I do know that in Australia, Canada and I'm pretty sure in the UK that CX crews are paying resident tax based on their CX income, with credit given for whatever HK tax is payed. If you paid any attention in the past on this you would know about the complaints on this from CX crew.

As an aside, as cxorcist has stated WTF does the UN have to do with it. In addition, some advice, don't give up your day job to be a lawyer! Your second last para is sort of wacky, you mean the tax offices don't understand their own laws and whatever international obligations their govs have signed up to?

By the way, I hope you have an assistant to blame your response onto as you sort of shot yourself in the foot when there are CX crew having to pay tax in their based countries.

This is a bit of arse sucking after the above, you see I'm having a sort of disagreement with my country's tax office and you may have opened a door for me. If my gov has signed off completely on this UN convention it may be enforceable and therefor I'm not liable to pay tax on my earnings from HK. Big Mach can you state the full title etc of this convention?

Last edited by ANCPER; 15th Jun 2013 at 07:23.