PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Lyneham training college
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2013, 20:08
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAF Lyneham training college

BBC News - RAF Lyneham training college plans submitted

Well I really hope RAF Lyneham gets this and they are not messed around from pillar to post like RAF St Athan was.

I know a lot of people that disagreed with it going to St Athan and to be honest I could understand the reasons why. But what annoyed me was the continual carrot that was dangled to the workforce and local population of St Athan suggesting that it would happen.

When I left the RAF in 2007 the prospect of teaching “engines” to young recruits sounded very appealing and it was a major job consideration in my plans. However, to be honest, I very quickly realised that only hollow words were being spoken by Politicians and the MOD and I had a pretty good gut feeling it was never going to happen. Fortunately for me I fell into a whole different career, earning a hell of a lot more money. Sadly I know many that hung on to the dream of St Athan becoming a reality, only to be very cruelly let down.

Good luck to RAF Lyneham, well deserved and lovely to see a great RAF Station kept open with a new lease of life.