PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuel Efficiency
Thread: Fuel Efficiency
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2013, 04:20
Ozcrew70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

Firstly thank you to each of you for taking the time to comment and giving me (some) direction.

Just some further information that may or may not be relevant to any of you who may be able to contribute some more or anyone else reading.

1. The aircraft is a 777 300ER.

2. As mentioned I undertook a "snapshot" review of 56 flights which equates to 2 weeks worth on sectors between AUS-LAX (Hence the average-ish 14hr flight time based on departures / return to the 3 major east coast cities). My thought (hope) was to project these figures over a full year of flights.

3. As mentioned the main aspect being studied is potable water which (on average) we depart with 1288L and land with in excess of 600L on average. The recommendation to be presented is to (conservatively) reduce this to a (rounded figure) of 1000L at departure. ie. so effectively LOSE 300L (288) per sector.

4. The aircraft is configured over 3 cabins and accommodates 361 guests. The average guest numbers over the 56 flights studied was 300.

5. Re fuel cost - my apologies I originally cited 0.82/litre. This should be 0.86AUD/litre which is a nominal figure for the month of may.

Again guys if any one has any further "rough" ideas (not looking for exact $$ figures here) on how much this is likely to save per flight / week / year - any info would be appreciated.