PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2013, 20:47
PPRuNeUser0178

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a both a pilot and a passenger in recent years if I had to go to one of our London airports I would pick STN. LTN is a hole, always has been, always will be with a terrible road network/rail link, although I am told EasyBus is the way to do it from LTN these days in to town.

Gatwick is Gatwick. Good rail links but waaaaaay to busy to be a pleasant experience. SEN - never been so cannot comment.

STN's negative points - it has the most expensive rail link out of any of our London bases into London. As a passenger I have found the security staff in the terminal to be among the worst in the UK, rude an abrasive to non - english speaking elderly pax who have had the nerve to turn up at STN and not know the security search procedures inside out and not have their belts off and then dare not to understand English or what a loud TUT and rolling of the eyes means! AWFUL experience and the only security area to have my kids in tears when they were 5! It's funny but I never experienced any of that at STN staff search! Not enough seats in the terminal once you make it past the gestapo either, very difficult to get a seat until your gate is called air side.

STN could be a great airport, I've always thought that and kicking out BAA is the best thing that will ever happen to it! Too many BAA staff ( and I know I am generalising and stereotyping ) think they have a job for life and don't have to try. Gatwick used to be like this and although its far too busy for my liking the difference is obvious for all to see now. I know BAA staff don't like this kind of chat as I dared to engage some ex BAA staff at EDI recently about what a difference new attitude makes and they all seemed very stuffy and grumpy about this topic, probably because they now feel threatened by having to try! ( to be fair EDI BAA staff were never as bad as STN BAA staff experiences I have had, and all places have their angels and demons ). The STN staff now just need to take pride in making STN theirs instead of BAA's and it will once again shine, I have no doubt and look forward to seeing it grow and not be too dependent on Mr O'Leary, which is never good for any business, just check the tumbleweeds blowing around PIK these days if you need proof of that!

Now get the STN express priced more competitively please!!!!!!!